We are looking for people who are passionate about education and technology to join us. Find out more about our culture and hiring process here.
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email to hr[at]codefor.asia with your resume and/or portfolio and the details as below:
- Subject: [Job title applying for]
- Email body:
- Why are you interested in this position
- How can you contribute
- If you could change anything about education, what would it be?
- If you were an animal, what would you be?
- Attachment: Resume/portfolio
We will get back within 3 working days if you are shortlisted for the next round of our hiring process.
- Community Manager (Contract full-time, remote ok.)
- We are looking for someone who is a fast-learning and independent self-starter. Previous event organisation, creative and technical experience will be a bonus. Relevant training will be offered to support you in your position.
- Competitive, pegged to your city of residence, e.g. 2000-3000 MYR (Malaysia)
- Travel and commission available
- Act as primary point of contact for community engagement and localised marketing strategy and execution in region — the Yangtze region in China and parts of ASEAN especially
- Ensure smooth event execution end-to-end
- Build and grow strong local communities via event planning, individual networking efforts, partnerships, content generation, and other user engagement and acquisition programs
- Sustain community engagement through online and offline channels regularly, build and manage a fleet of interns, influencers, partners and volunteers
- Lead and handle every aspect of an event from end-to-end with a team
- Brainstorm new ideas, create and disseminate best practices in all relevant work areas with other members of the team
- Develop and nurture local influencer partnerships
- Create and source content to be shared across multiple platforms e.g. Facebook, Instagram, WeChat, Weibo, etc.
- Shape creative and production briefs for local implementation
- Play a key role in building an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration and creativity both internally and externally
- Research and write proposals
- Handle project reporting
- Continuously monitor events/marketing performance and adjust to meet key goals set
- Other tasks as necessary
- A sense of curiosity and openness to learning
- Effective team players who can also be independent hustlers
- No task is too small for you Interest in education and technology
- Ability to think critically and to communicate ideas effectively
- Love of travel
- Passion for building communities
- Ideally you should be based in China, Indonesia, Malaysia or Singapore
- Excellent verbal and written communication in both languages
- Coordinating meetings and interfacing with collaborators and stakeholders
- Prior digital marketing, technical or teaching experience will be a bonus
- Organisational effectiveness
- Previous work / start-up experience a bonus
- Freelance Trainer – Flexi/part-time, in-person (SG). To be updated.
- Event Assistants/Teaching Assistants – Flexi/part-time, in-person (SG). To be updated.